This is only a portion of our ordinance. For a complete ordinance, please refer to our ordinances in the menu at the top of the page. 6-20-2 MAINTENANCE OF BOULEVARD AND PRIVATE PROPERTY All property owners shall maintain their property and the abutting boulevard according to the following standards:
- A. In districts zoned R-1, R-2, R-3, B-1, or B-2, all grasses, weeds, vines and brush shall be cut or destroyed when said growth exceeds six inches (6″) in height.
- B. In areas zoned other than R-1, R-2, R-3, B-1 or B-2, all grasses, weeds, vines and brush shall be cut or destroyed when said growth exceeds ten inches (10″) in height.
- C. Keep the abutting boulevard free of holes, excavations, protrusions, or other obstacles which could cause injury to the public.
6-20-4 FAILURE TO COMPLY
- 1. If the property owner fails to maintain the property as required under this chapter after notice is given as provided in this chapter, the inspector shall order the work to be done by City employees or by a Contractor.
- 2. The total cost and expense of the work done, including any administrative fees, shall be paid by the property owner. Failure to pay shall result in the cost being assessed against the property for collection in the same manner as a property tax.