Apply for the sidewalk program?

Each year, the City of Maquoketa sets aside money to reimburse people who replace broken or missing sidewalks. In order to apply for a reimbursement, you must fill out a sidewalk program application before the project begins. This application can be picked up at Maquoketa City Hall or can be downloaded from our download center in the menu at the top of the page. The application must be reviewed by the Public Works Director or his designee before the work may begin. Once the work is completed, the property owner must submit copies of the paid bill for the concrete to City Hall. The bill must show the length of sidewalk that was replaced. Please keep in mind that the program will only reimburse the property owner what the City of Maquoketa would have paid for the concrete if we had purchased the concrete.