Apply for a variance?

To apply for a variance, you must fill out a variance application, which is available in our download center in the menu at the top of the page or at City Hall. A person can apply for a variance at City Hall. As a part of the application, the person must pay a $50 fee and submit the names and addresses of property owners within 200 feet of his/her property. Those names and addresses can be obtained at the Jackson County Courthouse Auditor’s Office. A public hearing then must be set up before the Zoning Board of Adjustment and the neighboring property owners must be notified of the hearing by City Hall. The neighboring property owners may speak either for or against the proposed project. The Zoning Board of Adjustment meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month. Please allow up to one month for a variance to be reviewed and a decision made on the application. Also, please keep in mind that if a variance is required, the approval of the variance is required before a building permit will be issued and before any work may be begin.

Date posted April 21, 2016
Time posted 9:28 am
This entry was posted in
Bookmark this article Apply for a variance?