Get on the Council agenda?

Maquoketa City Council meetings are open to the public unless otherwise noted. Each agenda has an audience section near the beginning during which audience members are allowed to address the Council. If you would like a particular item on the agenda, please contact Maquoketa City Hall. Items for agendas must be turned in by noon […]

Is open burning allowed within City limits?

Residents are allowed to have recreational fires which are classified as: Open fires for cooking, heating, recreation and ceremonies; provided, however, that no person shall allow, cause or permit the emission of visible air contaminants into the atmosphere from any such fire equal to or in excess of 40 percent opacity. For a complete copy […]

Are pet licenses required?

Every owner of a dog or cat over six (6) months old shall procure a license from the City of Maquoketa on or before the 1st day of November each year, or within thirty (30) days of the animal being brought into the City, or when the animal has reached six (6) months of age. […]