Zoom Basic Instructions
Equipment and Technology Requirements
- Desktop Computer, Laptop, Tablet, or Smartphone.
- Speakers/Headphones – Most laptops, tablets, and smartphones have built-in speakers.
- Webcam – Recommended, but not required. Most laptops, tablets, and smartphones have built-in webcams.
- Internet or Data Connection – It is important to note that the audio and video quality of the connection directly correlates with the quality of your internet connection.
Instructions for Using Zoom
- Plan on joining the meeting a few minutes before it is scheduled to begin.
- To join a Zoom meeting click on the link provided in your email or go to www.zoom.us, select Join A Meeting and enter the meeting number. To participate by phone, call 1-312-626-6799 and enter the meeting number. Click here for more detailed information.
- When you join a meeting, your microphone might be on mute to prevent audio interference. If not, please select mute (look for your controls under Participants – mute/unmute microphone symbols)
- To speak during the meeting un-mute, then talk.
- You can adjust your screen to Speaker View (the person speaking has the main screen) or Gallery View (all participants in a grid).
- If you can’t hear well or participants can’t hear you may want to use your phone to call in and use your computer for video only.
Airport Commission – 935 2693 1246
Downtown Incentives – 953 0015 0707
Finance & Personnel – 978 6396 1227
Historic Preservation – 996 5647 6013
Parks – 938 6231 3685
Planning & Zoning – 996 1587 6196
Property Maintenance – 913 0917 2049
Public Safety – 979 6546 7174
Recreation and Parks – 938 6231 3685
Tree Board – 450 716 5129
Zoning Board of Adjustment – 921 2905 9806