Horseshoe Pond Campground Open
The City of Maquoketa is happy to announce that we are welcoming campers back to Horseshoe Pond Campground. The Maquoketa Parks Department staff are working diligently to open our campgrounds. Campground openings will need to occur in phases so we can safely open facilities with adequate staffing. Please keep in mind that in order for us to keep the campgrounds open, visitors will need to adhere to physical distancing guidelines by remaining 6 feet apart, wearing masks as appropriate, and limiting group gatherings to 10 or less people. Below is a list of guidelines for campers to follow and we will be operating with specific guidelines to help keep our campground open.
- Playground, Shelters and The Citadel will remain closed.
- Campers may camp only with a self-contained camping unit that has a functioning restroom, as shower houses with flushable restrooms will remain closed.
- Self-contained is defined as a tent or pop-up camper with a portable toilet or an RV or camping trailer with a functioning, self-contained bathroom.
- Occupants are limited to six or less per campsite (unless household is more than six).
- No visitors are allowed.
- Campfires are limited to those who occupy the campsite.
- Campground shower houses with restrooms will remain closed.
- Social distancing guidelines should be observed in the campground, as well as other areas of the park.
- Practice safe hygiene. Please bring your own sanitizer and use soap and water frequently.
- Reserving campsites is not allowed as campgrounds continue to be first-come, first-served.