Welcome to Maquoketa
News & Announcements
- Horseshoe Pond Campground Open (5/11/2020)
The City of Maquoketa is happy to announce that we are welcoming campers back to Horseshoe Pond Campground. The Maquoketa Parks Department staff are working diligently to open our campgrounds. Campground openings will need to occur in phases so we can safely open facilities with adequate staffing. Please keep in mind that in order for us to keep the campgrounds open, visitors will need to adhere to physical distancing guidelines by remaining 6 feet apart, wearing masks as appropriate, and limiting group gatherings to 10 or less people. Below is a list of guidelines for campers to follow and we will be operating with specific guidelines to help keep our campground open.
- Playground, Shelters and The Citadel will remain closed.
- Campers may camp only with a self-contained camping unit that has a functioning restroom, as shower houses with flushable restrooms will remain closed.
- Self-contained is defined as a tent or pop-up camper with a portable toilet or an RV or camping trailer with a functioning, self-contained bathroom.
- Occupants are limited to six or less per campsite (unless household is more than six).
- No visitors are allowed.
- Campfires are limited to those who occupy the campsite.
- Campground shower houses with restrooms will remain closed.
- Social distancing guidelines should be observed in the campground, as well as other areas of the park.
- Practice safe hygiene. Please bring your own sanitizer and use soap and water frequently.
- Reserving campsites is not allowed as campgrounds continue to be first-come, first-served.
- Public Comment Sought (4/28/2020)
The City Council of Maquoketa is taking public comments regarding the adoption of an ordinance to establish a Citywide Curbside Residential Waste Hauling/Recycling program. The proposed ordinance will be on the agenda of the May 4, 2020 City Council meeting. Comments can be submitted by email to email@example.com or left in the water payment box outside City Hall. Comments received in writing by 4:30 on Thursday, April 30 will be shared with council members in their meeting packets.
The public is also encouraged to participate in the Zoom virtual meeting.
Contact City Hall at 563-652-2486 with questions.
- Special Council Meeting (4/24/2020)
the City Council will meeting on Monday, April 26 at 6:00 pm via Zoom. The agenda and meeting login information are available at https://maquoketaia.com/meetings/city-council-agendas-and-minutes/
- Platt Street RFP (4/22/2020)
The City of Maquoketa is soliciting competitive proposals from qualified professional consulting engineering firms or project teams to determine interest and capabilities providing Construction Engineering and Inspection Services for the reconstruction of Iowa Highway 64/Platt Street in the City of Maquoketa. The 7 page RPF can be found on the Special Projects Page, click the link below.
- Meeting Zoom Links (4/17/2020)
The City Council Committee of the Whole will meet on Monday, April 20 at 6:15; the City Council meeting will follow. The web link for the meetings is https://zoom.us/j/2012225304, the phone number for audio only is 312-626-6799, and the Zoom meeting ID is 201-222-5304. The agendas and minutes of the previous meeting as well as basic Zoom instructions are available under the Meetings heading.