Applications are now being taken for next year’s tree planning program. Property owners may submit applications online at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZJWLX5J or by coming to City Hall during business hours.
Tree options are: flowering crab, flowering lilac, red bud, red or swamp oak, elm, linden, ironwood and hackberry. This program is sponsored by the Maquoketa Tree Board, Black Hills Energy and Trees Forever.
The deadline for applications is Friday, October 1st, 2021
- First time applicants and Platt Street residents that had trees removed due to the project will have priority.
- The City will do their best to match each applicant with their preferred tree, but quantities are limited.
- Planting location must be approved by the Maquoketa Tree Board.
- You will be contacted to pick up a flag and informed when to place in your yard.
- You are required to contact Iowa OneCall 1-800-292-8989 for utility approval after flag placement.
- The City will contact approved applicants to coordinate delivery of their tree.
- If grant money is awarded, trees will be purchased for planting in Fall 2022 from grant funds.
- Orders will be prioritized and filled on a first come, first serve basis, depending on the amount of funding.