2-33-1 BOARDS, COMMISSIONS AND AUTHORITIES
2-33-3 RESIGNATIONS DURING TERM
2-33-1 BOARDS, COMMISSIONS, AND AUTHORITIES. The following Boards, Commissions and Authorities are designated with number of members, terms of office and type of appointments as indicated:
Commission Number Term Appointment
1. Airport Commission 7 6 Council
2. Planning and Zoning Commission 7 5 Council
3. Zoning Board of Adjustment 5 5 Council
4. Housing Authority 7 2 Council
5. Library Board of Trustees 9 6 Mayor
6. Civil Service Commission 3 6 Council
7. Housing Rehabilitation Committee 6 1 Council
8. Cable Commission 5 2 Mayor
9. Police Board of Trustees 5/9* 4 Mayor
10. Utility Board of Trustees 5 6 Mayor
11. Historic Preservation Commission 7 3 Mayor
12. Parks and Recreation Commission 5 3 Council
13. Tree Board 5 3 Mayor
* of the five (5) appointed members, two (2) will be from the Police Department and three (3) from City citizens at large
2-33-2 PURPOSE. The purpose and duties of these bodies are covered in specific Chapters of this Ordinance Code. In addition members should put aside personal, or self-centered positions and advocate the best long-range ideas for the Community as a whole.
2-33-3 RESIGNATIONS DURING TERM.
Members are expected to attend meetings called by the Chairperson and contribute their ideas. Members may resign prior to completing a term by a written statement to the City Clerk. Members who miss three (3) consecutive meetings within a year shall be considered to have resigned from their appointed position and the effected Chairperson may request the so vacated position to be filled.
Section 2. All Ordinances or parts of Ordinances in conflict with this Ordinance are hereby repealed.
Section 3. This Ordinance shall be in full force and effect after its passage and publication as provided by law.
(Ord. 857, 7-10-95)