2-15-1 HOUSING REHABILITATION COMMITTEE CREATED
2-15-2 HOUSING REHABILITATION COMMITTEE MEMBERS
2-15-3 TERM OF OFFICE
2-15-6 DUTIES AND POWERS
2-15-1 HOUSING REHABILITATION COMMITTEE CREATED. There is hereby created and established a Housing Rehabilitation Committee of interested citizens which will have part of the responsibility for the review of the City’s Housing Rehabilitation Program as funded from a Community Development Block Grant from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
2-15-2 HOUSING REHABILITATION COMMITTEE MEMBERS. A Committee shall consist of six (6) members, who shall be citizens of Maquoketa and qualified by knowledge or experience to act in matters pertaining to housing. The City Council shall appoint members of the Committee. One member shall be a Council Member.
2-15-3 TERM OF OFFICE. The term of office of the members of said Committee shall be one (1) year.
2-15-4 VACANCIES. If any vacancy shall exist on said Committee caused by resignation, or otherwise, the Council shall appoint a successor for the residue of said term.
2-15-5 COMPENSATION. All members of the Committee shall serve without compensation, except their actual expenses, which shall be subject to the approval of the City Council.
2-15-6 DUTIES AND POWERS. The duties and powers of the Housing Rehabilitation Committee shall be as follows:
1. Establish and operate the rehabilitation programs for the City, in accordance with local, State, and Federal law, as well as the guidelines established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, and the conditions of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development/City grant agreement; within the limits of the established.
2. Indicate City approval of contract documents for housing rehabilitation through the signature of the City Manager or Committee Chairman.
3. Administer all rehabilitation funds, both grant and loan, in accordance with this resolution.
4. Encumber grant eligible administrative costs not to exceed $50.00 without prior Council approval.
5. Execute change orders by Committee approval, when change order delay would prove economically unwise or present an imminent threat to health or safety; change orders shall be approved by the signature of the Committee Chairman, City Manager, and/or Community Development Director.
6. Approve contract payments on behalf of the City by signature of the Committee Chairman, City Manager, and/or Community Development Director.