2-14-1 HOUSING AUTHORITY CREATED
2-14-2 HOUSING AUTHORITY MEMBERS
2-14-3 TERM OF OFFICE
2-14-6 DUTIES AND POWERS
2-14-1 HOUSING AUTHORITY CREATED. Under the provisions of Section 23 of the United States Housing Act of 1937, as amended, a Housing Authority is hereby created and established.
2-14-2 HOUSING AUTHORITY MEMBERS. A Housing Authority shall consist of five (5) members, who shall be citizens of Maquoketa and qualified by knowledge or experience to act in matters pertaining to the Authority. The City Council shall appoint members of the Housing Authority. (Ord. No. 946 – 02/19/2001)
2-14-3 TERM OF OFFICE. The term of office of the members of said Housing Authority shall be two (2) years.
2-14-4 VACANCIES. If any vacancy shall exist on said Authority caused by resignation, or otherwise, the Council shall appoint a successor for the residue of said term.
2-14-5 COMPENSATION. All members of the Housing Authority shall serve without compensation, except their actual expenses.
2-14-6 DUTIES AND POWERS:
1. The Housing Authority shall choose annually at its first regular meeting one of its members to act as Chairman of this Commission and another as Vice-Chairman, who shall perform all the duties of the Chairman during his/her absence or disability.
2. The Housing Authority shall adopt such rules and regulations governing its organization and procedure as it may deem necessary.
3. The Housing Authority shall each year make an audit report to the Mayor of its proceedings, with a full statement of its receipts, disbursements and the progress of its work during the preceding fiscal year.
4. The Housing Authority shall have full, complete and exclusive authority to expend for and on behalf of the City of Maquoketa all sums of money appropriated as hereinafter provided, and to use and expend all payments whatsoever which are received by the City for Housing Authority purposes.
5. The Housing Authority shall have no power to contract debts beyond the amount of its income for the present year.
(Ord. No. 946, 2-23-01)