2-11-1 COMMISSION CREATED
2-11-2 AIRPORT COMMISSION MEMBERS
2-11-3 TERM OF OFFICE
2-11-6 DUTIES AND POWERS
2-11-7 EXPENSES, MONEY APPROPRIATED
2-11-1 COMMISSION CREATED. Under and by virtue of the authority conferred by Chapter 330.17 of the Code of Iowa, 1981, an Airport Commission is hereby created and established.
2-11-2 AIRPORT COMMISSION MEMBERS. The Airport Commission shall consist of five (5) members, who shall be citizens of Maquoketa and qualified by knowledge or experience to act in matters pertaining to the Airport. The City Council shall appoint members of the Commission. (Ord 986A, 01-5-04)
2-11-2 TERM OF OFFICE. The term of office of the voting members of said Commission shall be six (6) years. The non-voting Commission position shall be a term as designated by the Mayor. (Ord. 865, passed 12-18-95)
2-11-3 VACANCIES. If any vacancy shall exist on said Commission caused by resignation, or otherwise, the Council shall appoint a successor for the residue of said term.
2-11-4 COMPENSATION. All members of the Commission shall serve without compensation, except their actual expenses, which shall be subject to the approval of the City Council.
2-11-5 DUTIES AND POWERS:
1. The Airport Commission shall choose annually at its first regular meeting one of its members to act as Chairman of this Commission and another as Vice-Chairman, who shall perform all the duties of the Chairman during his/her absence or disability.
2. The Commission shall adopt such rules and regulations governing its organization and procedure as it may deem necessary.
3. The Commission shall each year make a report to the Mayor and City Council of its proceedings, with a full statement of its receipts, disbursements and the progress of its work during the preceding fiscal year.
4. The Commission shall have full, complete and exclusive authority to expend for and on behalf of the City of Maquoketa all sums of money appropriated as hereinafter provided, and to use and expend all gifts, donations or payments whatsoever which are received by the City for Airport purposes.
5. The Commission shall have no power to contract debts beyond the amount of its income for the present year.
2-11-7 EXPENSES, MONEY APPROPRIATED. The City Council may annually appropriate a sum of money from the General Fund for the payment of the expenses of the Airport Commission.